This article is intended to answer some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Motorola MH7022 whole-home WiFi systems.
If you have any additional questions or need some help, please reach out to our Customer Success team by emailing email@example.com or by clicking on the chat bubble in the corner of this page.
What if I can’t make an Internet connection right after installation?
- First, turn the modem that provides your internet connection off for at least eight seconds. Power on to see if the issue is fixed.
- Check that the router’s power adapter is plugged into a live outlet and that the power button is pushed in.
- Check that the router’s Ethernet cable is securely plugged into the WAN/LAN port and that the other end of the cable is plugged into your modem’s LAN port.
- Try plugging an Ethernet cable from your computer or laptop to the LAN port of the router. If you can access the Internet through your computer, then the problem is with your wireless client. Verify that your wireless device has selected the correct WiFi network and has logged in correctly.
- Try connecting directly to the modem to verify that the modem is online.
I'm connected wirelessly, but my connection seems slow or keeps dropping.
- Wireless range can be limited by a variety of issues, including weak wireless clients and challenging building configurations. You may need to reposition your units to improve the coverage in your home.
- Avoid interference from Bluetooth headsets and stereos, microwave ovens, WiFi-capable printers, and 2.4 GHz cordless phones and base stations. Try not to put the router or satellite(s) close to these interfering devices.
What if I don’t know my Wireless Network Name/SSID or Security Key/Password?
- The Minim app provides an easy way for you to look up or change your current Network Name and Password settings.
- Otherwise, the default values are printed on the back label of your unit. Use these unless you changed them. If you have a device that connects wirelessly to the router, it may show the Wireless Network Name/SSID and Password.
- If all else fails, reset the device to factory defaults by pressing the Reset button on the bottom of the case for 10 seconds--a paperclip works for doing this. You can then use the default values.
LED status light
The light on the router keeps blinking green?
- Check that the Ethernet cable on the router is firmly plugged into the WAN/LAN port of the router and the other end of the cable is plugged into the LAN port of the modem.
- Verify that the modem is powered on and connected to the Internet.
- The Ethernet cable may be bad; replace the cable with a known working cable.
The light on the satellite keeps blinking blue?
- Your satellite has not synced with the router. Try moving the satellite closer to the router. It can take up to five minutes for it to sync.