Quick Start Guide to Basic License Deployment
Login with your credentials at https://admin.mcpnetworks.us
Customize Company Profile Settings
- Select Company Profile from the Dashboard menu
- Review and update company information.
- Select “Add Administrator” to create administrator and support staff accounts
- Support user accounts has access to view license information but removes ability to edit or change router information.
Provision a License
To create a managed router in the Aerez platform you first generate a license in the admin dashboard, then use Winbox to apply the configuration to a Mikrotik router.
- In the Admin Dashboard, Select Licenses from menu options
- Click the Generate License button
- Make Changes to License Details such as SSID, etc and save
Install Aerez License Configuration to Router
- Use Winbox to apply and configure managed router.
- Pull a new routerboard out of the box
- Connect to routerboard and login with winbox [user=admin, no password]
- Connect to routerboard and login with winbox, [user=admin, no password] and open New Terminal Window
- Right Click - Copy + Paste the lines below from this browser into the New Terminal. Make sure to hit ENTER to ensure all commands are executed.
- IMPORTANT: Do not use CTRL-C and CTRL-V, as these are special keyboard shortcuts in Winbox
- The managed router is ready to deploy!
OPTIONAL - ONLY DO THIS IF YOU ARE DEPLOYING A MIKROTIK THAT HAD A PREVIOUS CONFIGURATION ON IT AND YOU ARE REUSING IT FOR AEREZ:
- Click System->Reset Configuration and then click RESET CONFIGURATION and confirm
- Router will reboot, log in again with winbox after 30 seconds and confirm the defaults by clicking OK
- You now have a router that is defaulted, just like new out of the box
Verify Router Online
- ONCE THE MANAGED ROUTER HAS CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK, IT WILL
- UPDATE FIRMWARE (IF NEEDED)
- UPDATE BOOTLOADER (IF NEEDED)
- PROVISION FIRST TIME SETUP
- SECURITY FIREWALL HARDENING
- REMOVE ADMIN USER
- ADD PARENTAL CONTROLS
- ADD COMPANY PROFILE SETTINGS
- ADD LICENSE DETAIL SETTINGS
- SET WIFI SSID / PASS
- ONCE ALL STEPS ARE COMPLETED, YOU WILL SEE A GREEN LIGHT
- IF YOU DO NOT SEE READY FOR CUSTOMER OR ONLINE AFTER 10 MINUTES, PLEASE OPEN A TICKET WITH SUPPORT BY CLICKING HELP -> SUPPORT CHAT
Assign a Subscriber to an Aerez License or Subscriber Self-Register
An account can be associated to a subscriber from the administrative dashboard or a subscriber can download the Aerez app to their mobile device and if connected to the provisioned router, register for their user account.
Assign a Subscriber From Admin
- Select Subscriber Tab On the License Detail Page
- Instruct subscriber to download app from iTunes or Google Play
- Have user create account as follows:
- Open the app, tap on the “Register” link in the lower half of the app
- Enter Email* and Password, confirm your Password, and then tap register. *Email must be unique and not already assigned an account with the app
- After registering, enter Email and Password on the front page to log in
- Follow Subscriber User Guide or YouTube Videos at partner.aerez.net
- Email: email@example.com
- Chat through the admin panel
- Phone: 701-404-7622